-
September 1st, 2001, 06:46 PM
#1
jocko
Guest
Hey all,
I will be starting production on my 16mm feature around the 10th of Oct..and will be needing some crew...if you have any 16mm camera experience..I need:
Camera asst(Arri SR11)focus puller
clapper/loader
dolly grips
lighting gaffer
boom person..and other assorted
PA's...no pay(sorry)..but plenty of food and beer and...it will be shot in the Pennsylvania/New Jersey/Delaware area..
so If you have experience..E-mail me
Thanks
Neil
JOCKO FILMS
P.S.
NO PAY..Sorry can't afford it
------------------
[This message has been edited by jocko (edited September 02, 2001).]
-
September 1st, 2001, 07:53 PM
#2
Scott Nocella
Guest
It's good to see a crew call post in this forum. It's a community that shares.
------------------
-
September 2nd, 2001, 10:26 AM
#3
jocko
Guest
-
September 2nd, 2001, 03:14 PM
#4
Alex
Guest
Depending on how long your shoot days are or how many days in a row you shoot...
Try to figure out a way to get your crew even 10 dollars a day for gas money.
It will add up to well over a thousand dollars by the end of the shoot, but you may find some sponsor who will get a film credit in the back with some cool credit.
I know it's easier said than done, but you may get a better work effort and more loyalty as the days wear on if your crew is getting 10 bucks for gas a day.
And I guarantee your no-shows at the last minute will be fewer.
Heck, maybe you could shoot a scene at a gas station and get the station to give a super-discount on gasoline.
Beer at the end of the day might not be a good idea if you have early call times the next day.
When you don't pay a crew, FOOD MATTERS!
Snacks and drinks always available is a must...and you might save some decent money if you get personalized cups for everybody (with their names on it)
A decent amount of money gets wasted on cups, plus all the extra clean-up time and big plastic bags that have nothing but cups and plates in them from the pizza, ah yes, the pizza.
Instead of Gooey Cheese Pizza or Hamburgers, you might want to look into Subway Sandwiches, I've heard crew people don't get groggy after a Subway meal, especially the veggie sandwiches.
And you get those free stickers for every sandwhich you order, so after a night or two of ordering, you'll get a few free sandwhiches throw into the mix.
They might even give you double the coupons everytime you order if you just tell them you are making a movie and want to come to them instead of ordering a pizza.
And the Super Long Subways Sandwhich platters workout pretty good also.
Food Baby, when there is no pay, it's all about the food.
-Alex
------------------
-
September 2nd, 2001, 07:24 PM
#5
Alex
Guest
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jocko:
Alex,
maybe I could get the crew embroidered bath towel sets also
..I know what to expect..when I was in school I worked on a few "features"..and gained alot of know how..and worked hard..because.if and when the director got a bigger film($$$$)..he would use you again..with pay..and your forgeting the most important piece of equipment on a film set.....THE HONEYWAGON...I tried the no beer thing on other productions..all I got was people bitching..as for food..it will be catered nice food(by my lovely girlfriend)..thanks for the SUBWAY tip...but I don't want that JARED guy showing up on set
Neil
JOCKO FILMS
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think Jared is going to end up as a float in the Macy's Day Parade....He starts out fat and floats along the course, then slowly deflates along the parade route, just as the float hits ground, Jared appears, with a big goofy smile and a Subway sandwhich in hand.
Anyway, you don't think the gas allowance thing has any value?
It can really keep people coming back, especially on those days where they wake up and go, "do I really want to listen to Jocko yell today?"
I've witnessed some productions where even though everyone is working together, the producer, cameraperson, and director will not work on the next project together.
All three want to replace the other two weaker links with more established and well known names to give their own career a boost.
The crew however, usually can find work from the other crew members.
Agree about the honeywagon.
-Alex
------------------
-
September 3rd, 2001, 01:01 AM
#6
jocko
Guest
First off..Jocko doesn't yell he barks..Jocko is my dog...my name is neil..and I never yelled at any crew member I ever worked with..none ..ziltch...zero..I won't yell...will I fire someone..you bet..but I treat every crew member the same from the gofer..to the DP..that's just the way I am.
Neil
------------------
-
September 3rd, 2001, 04:23 AM
#7
Alex
Guest
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jocko:
First off..Jocko doesn't yell he barks..Jocko is my dog...my name is neil..and I never yelled at any crew member I ever worked with..none ..ziltch...zero..I won't yell...will I fire someone..you bet..but I treat every crew member the same from the gofer..to the DP..that's just the way I am.
Neil
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Neil:
Cool. Was there supposed to be a second off? If Jocko is your dog does that mean you aren't a crack dealer either?
-Alex
------------------
[This message has been edited by Alex (edited September 03, 2001).]
-
September 30th, 2001, 09:43 AM
#8
Alex
Guest
Neil, have you seen this website???
As told to me by Scott......
Here's the new 16mm format I told you about. It's an alternative to Super-16. The modification to the camera is a fraction of what a Super-16 converion is and you can use the same lens that as regular 16. It basically takes the frame line .7 mm into the sprocket area between sprocket holes.
It's perfect for blow-ups to 35mm with only a marginal quality difference
from Super-16.
Here's a website for it:
Info can be found on the following site http://home.earthlink.net/~frankoste...IntroPage.html
------------------
Alex
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks